• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket Situation - Beverly Hills Courthouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badluck666

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, I have another odd situation for you all. My boyfriend was issued a traffic ticket in July of 2010 for unsafe left turn. He paid the ticket in cash at the courthouse that same month. After 3 years, he tossed the receipt.

3 months ago, he received a letter that his license was being suspended due to the ticket being unpaid. He called the courthouse and they said that they would run the request/case again, but received another call earlier this week that this was unsuccessful and the ticket remains in unpaid status.

What can be done? This smells awfully fishy to me. How can a ticket randomly resurface 4 years later? :eek: :mad: Wondering if an attorney is necessary here.

Ladyback1

Hello, I have another odd situation for you all. My boyfriend was issued a traffic ticket in July of 2010 for unsafe left turn. He paid the ticket in cash at the courthouse that same month. After 3 years, he tossed the receipt.

3 months ago, he received a letter that his license was being suspended due to the ticket being unpaid. He called the courthouse and they said that they would run the request/case again, but received another call earlier this week that this was unsuccessful and the ticket remains in unpaid status.

What can be done? This smells awfully fishy to me. How can a ticket randomly resurface 4 years later? :eek: :mad: Wondering if an attorney is necessary here.
unless you saw him pay, or saw the receipt, then you really can't say that he paid the ticket.

Could he have another ticket that he did NOT pay?

badluck666

unless you saw him pay, or saw the receipt, then you really can't say that he paid the ticket.

Could he have another ticket that he did NOT pay?
Point taken, but the details of the ticket in question are laid out in the letter. Hard to forget paying a $700+ ticket, I would think. :confused:

Bali Hai

1. Stop doing things that the nimrod will be ticketed for.
2. Pay the ticket, forget the lawyer, (unless he has bouco money and wants to make a point) and move on.
3. The court system is inept, sue them. Good luck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
By the way, once again this has nothing to do with auto accidents or vehicle claims. It should be in the traffic ticket section. Sigh...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">