• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trafic collision report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bicw10

What is the name of your state? california
recently i had a chance to review my dmv driving record and a piont was put on my record for a trafic collision acuring on 8/12/2000.
I was not at fault and/or did not condribute to he cause of the accident. i have spoke with the sheriff dept. who filed the collision report on the report i am listed to contributing to the accident. I am sure i am not at fault in any way. the sheriff dept. did inform me that I could file for the report to be reviewed with any new info that I provide. my question is do I have any legal rights or ways to apeal the decision that the dept makes. do i have am option for to be reviewed by a court or to have a fair hearing. Any chance to present evidence or testimony from witnesses. that would prove that i did not contribute to the cause of the accident.

incase the info on what happened in the accident is relivant here is what happened.
I was traviling south on a windy hiway rd. at around 2:00Am. i was heading toward a right hand blind turn. I saw headlights coming from around the turn a dimed mine. I started around the turn and midway i saw two cars one in my lane and one in the opposit lane naturaly i hit the brakes and went as far right as i could. the car traveling at me in the other lane was a chp who did have his lights on but no sirens. he was passing the other car on a double yellow line around a blind turn. he stroke my car on the drivers side finder. he also side swiped the other car. my stereo was not up loud, I was traveling the speed limit,there was no drugs or alchol involved, and i was not disobaying any traffic laws.
please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">