• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transfer auto title to daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mabarker2002

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I am 72 and have poor health. I want to transfer the title of my car to my daughter, but keep driving it for awhile, and pay the insurance and taxes. Can this be done, and if so, how?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

Can you actually drive SAFELY?

If so, I don't see why you would need to transfer the title, you could leave ownership the same and just add her on as a driver for your insurance policy.

pac72

i know in pa you can give the car to a direct family member just paying the transfer/title fees ( no sales tax ) and even transfer the plate.
im sure no one would care if you then paid her insurance premimums

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, when the bills come in, write your daughter a check. Just make sure you're included as an additional driver on the insurance policy.

ecmst12

And make sure the policy lists her as the owner and YOU as the additional driver, and has the correct address where the car will be primarily garaged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">