• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desi30

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

A girl hit my car while I was driving in parking lot. She backed and brushed left side of my car from front to back. She immediately got out and admitted her mistake and asked to get estimate for damages so that she will inform her insurance company. She even mentioned that there is no need to go to insurance company as her parents would pay all damages. Unfortunately, I believed her and did not insist on cops coming to make report.
Her car was also damaged.

Next day when I called the number she gave, her mother answered my call and it was all U-turn. She accused me of leaving scene of accident. She said it was my mistake. She said that her daughter never admitted any mistake.

What should I do now? SHould I go to cops now? Unfortunately, I believed the innocent looking girl who was really not innocent.

ecmst12

You can report it to your insurance company. They may be able to find out her insurance information for you. At this point, there's no real purpose to calling the police.

desi30

Can they block payment?

I know her insurance company and her agent. I do not know her policy number and driving license number.
If I go to her insurance company, would they make payment for my car damages?
Actually, I have never been in a car acident and I do not know how companies make payments.

Thanks a lot!

desi30

dont have collision coverage

Unfortunately, I do not have collision coverage. I request other members to read my post and give me suggestions.
Thanks

efflandt

I know her insurance company and her agent. I do not know her policy number and driving license number.
If you have an accident ALWAYS get the driver's license info (number, name, address), insurance info, and vehicle license of the other vehicle(s). In fact it might not hurt to get the VIN in case someone trades plates. And if you have a camera phone, take pictures, or keep a disposable camera in your car.

Not having her personal information may make it harder to fight the bogus hit and run, unless you can find a witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">