• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

treatment not allowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MyMollyMp

My daughter was injured while working for the US Postal Service on July 24, 2000. Since that date she has been denied medical treatment and also workman's compensation. Her condition has been steadily deteriorating and she is in continual pain.
We have had Senators and also the Governor trying to get approvals for medical treatment for her from the US Postal Workman's Compensation but so far they have had no more success than we have.
Does anyone have any advice for us or is there a Class Action Lawsuit for injured Postal Workers???
Thanks for any help anyone can give to us.

C

cdcard

Dear MyMollyMp:
Have you talked to a local personal injury attorney yet? If not, I highly recommend you or your daughter do so immediately. Based on what you've said, her bills should be paid by whoever is insuring the post office. I recommend talking to an attorney ASAP: you don't say what state you're in but every state has a time period in which an injured person HAS to file suit (ie, statute of limitations) or they are prevented from ever doing so. In some states, that time period is only one year. If even senators and governors can't get results, sounds like its time to bring in the lawyers. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

M

MyMollyMp

Thank you for your reply but we have been searching for a lawyer. Most personal injury lawyers wont take this case because it is Federal. For some reason Federal cases require something special.
We are in New Jersey if you can recommend someone who handles Federal Personal Injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">