• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree fell on car is this act of god??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mllam_98

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I ws parked at work, a large tree branch fell on my car, The tree belongs to the apartment building next door. The branch was rotten. I only have liablity on my car but it seems to me the apartments insurance should pay fo the damage. They are trying to say it was an act of god. i did not think it was since the tree was rotten. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mllam_98 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I ws parked at work, a large tree branch fell on my car, The tree belongs to the apartment building next door. The branch was rotten. I only have liablity on my car but it seems to me the apartments insurance should pay fo the damage. They are trying to say it was an act of god. i did not think it was since the tree was rotten. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My response:

You'll see the following at the top of the screen page - -

**** Before posting a question, please check the Questions and Answers listed on the Home Page to see if your question was already covered or easily search over 155,000 previously posted questions and answers. ****

IAAL

M

mllam_98

act of god

I did search the forums and could not find anything that helped me. I was hoping for specific help related to my exact situation. I researched the legal definition of an act of god and I do not believe my situtuation was an act of god my opinion is since the tree was rotten it is the property owner is responsible I was just hoping to see if anyone agreed with my opinion.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please use the search function, using "tree fell" (without quote marks) as your search parameter.

Look through ALL of the posts, and you'll find the law that pertains to your situation. We have discussed this same issue innumerable times.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">