• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Treed Raccoon and Teenage Boys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

treedcoon

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Need advice
Went to a friends party. Had 3 teenage Boys there. One belonged to the homeowner. 1 was a friend of his and one belonged to a guest at the party. The boys had located a treed raccoon. Two of the boys were on the ground shooting dart guns at it. One boy climbed into the tree. The raccoon was moving about the tree and dislodged a large tree limb that had been previously broken in the tree. The tree limb falls from the tree and into the convertable roof of a Mustang that belonged to another guest at the party. The party who owns the car waits 1 year to fix the damage. Who is responsible?
Looking forward to your responces

HomeGuru

treedcoon said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado
Need advice
Went to a friends party. Had 3 teenage Boys there. One belonged to the homeowner. 1 was a friend of his and one belonged to a guest at the party. The boys had located a treed raccoon. Two of the boys were on the ground shooting dart guns at it. One boy climbed into the tree. The raccoon was moving about the tree and dislodged a large tree limb that had been previously broken in the tree. The tree limb falls from the tree and into the convertable roof of a Mustang that belonged to another guest at the party. The party who owns the car waits 1 year to fix the damage. Who is responsible?
Looking forward to your responces
**A: the racoon.

T

treedcoon

Appreciate you guys quick responce.
We are now being sued by the car owner and were just trying to make some decisions about how we should proceed.

C

coosi

In rural Carbon County, PA, a group of men were drinking beer and discharging firearms from the rear deck of a home owned by Irving Michael's, age 27. The men were firing at a raccoon that was wandering by, but the beer apparently impaired their aim and, despite of the estimated 35 shots the group fired, the animal escaped into a 3 foot diameter drainage pipe some 100 feet away from Mr. Michaels' deck.

Determined to terminate the animal, Mr. Michaels retrieved a can of petrol and poured some down the pipe, intending to smoke the animal out. After several unsuccessful attempts to ignite the fuel, Michaels emptied the entire 5 gallon fuel can down the pipe and tried to ignite it again, to no avail.

Not one to admit defeat by wildlife, the determined Mr. Michaels proceeded to slide feet-first approximately 15 feet down the sloping pipe to toss the match. The subsequent rapidly expanding fireball propelled Mr. Michaels back the way he had come, though at a much higher rate of speed. He exited
the angled pipe "like a Polaris missile leaves a submarine," according to witness Joseph McFadden, 31.

Mr. Michael's was launched directly over his own home, right over the heads of his astonished friends, onto his front lawn. In all, he traveled over 200 feet through the air. "There was a Doppler Effect to his scream as he flew over us," McFadden reported, "Followed by a loud thud."

Amazingly, Mr. Michaels suffered only minor injuries. "It was actually pretty cool," Michaels said, "Like when they shoot someone out of a cannon at the circus. I'd do it again if I was sure I wouldn't get hurt."

There still is no word about the raccoon.

T

treedcoon

treedcoon

Anyone else have any idea who would be responsible here. I need to settle this asap. Just looking for the right thing to do here.

stephenk

who are you to the entire problem? property owner, parent of one or more of the teenagers, or owner of the raccoon?

T

treedcoon

treedcoon

lol stephenk
I am the parent of one of the boys. My son climbed into the tree.
I was a guest at the party
and thankgoodness I do not own that coon

stephenk

how much is the claim? Have you discussed the matter with the parents of the other boys? Maybe you can each contribute equally to pay the claim.

You can also submit the claim of the car owner to your own homeowner's insurance company to handle.

T

treedcoon

Originally the parents of the boy who own the home were gonna pay half. Now they don't want to. Homeowners Insurance says year is to long to file a claim. I am happy to pay half but with 2 other boys involved I think they should anti up

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">