• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tripped by dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DickC

My mother-in-law was recently visiting me and was in our kitchen when our dog came running in the door and tripped her. She fell and broke her shoulder in 3 places. She has no insurance of her own and I will probably have to pay the medical costs. My homeowners insurance co. says since I was not negligent, they are not obliged to pay any of the medical bills. Can anyone shed any light on whether or not I should pursue this further or just go ahead and pay the bills myself.
Thanks

------------------
DC

P

PamSJS

Dear DickC;

Sounds to me like your insurance co is trying to get out of paying the bills.

Review your policy carefully. I would then contact an attorney who has experience dealing with this type of litigation.

Also, contact the Insurance Commisioner in your state and explain what is going on. They will investigate and help you get your moms bills paid.

Best of Luck to you and your mother-in-law!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">