• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tripped and fell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lobolori

Tripped and fell sustaining fratured arm and multiple lacerations. Occured in shopping mall main walk area between stores, where floor repair was being done. Entire walkway (8 feet)was crossed with a board one and a half inchs thick and three feet wide over repair area. A single red cone was placed in the middle. My toe caught the edge of the cover board and I fell forward to the cement. It is my understanding that Florida law requires any public walkway under repair cannot be covered with anything that will protrude above the normal walkway more than three eighths of an inch. This; according to a friend and local contractor. Can I recover damages, and could the mall association be guilty of negligence? Thank you

[Edited by lobolori on 05-31-2001 at 10:33 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lobolori said:
Tripped and fell sustaining fratured arm and multiple lacerations. Occured in shopping mall main walk area between stores, where floor repair was being done. Entire walkway (8 feet)was crossed with a board one and a half inchs thick and three feet wide over repair area. A single red cone was placed in the middle. My toe caught the edge of the cover board and I fell forward to the cement. It is my understanding that Florida law requires any public walkway under repair cannot be covered with anything that will protrude above the normal walkway more than three eighths of an inch. This; according to a friend and local contractor. Can I recover damages, and could the mall association be guilty of negligence? Thank you

[Edited by lobolori on 05-31-2001 at 10:33 PM]
My response:

Well, let's put it this way - - slip, trip and fall accidents are among the toughest to prove (from a legal standpoint) because there are combinations of factors that come into play, and each must be proved.

But, since your injuries were so severe, if it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to contact, and hopefully be able to hire, a local attorney to represent me.

Who knows, and even with the odds stacked against you, you might be able to "grab the brass ring." It won't cost you anything to try (because attorneys take such cases on a "contingency fee" basis), and you won't have to go through life thinking, "what if ?"

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">