• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tripped outside a store and slit wrist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cayla99

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Actually that is my mothers state. Last month my mother was walking out of a grocery story and tripped over something on the pavement. When she fell, it shattered a jar in the bag she was carrying. The broken glass severed the artery, tenden and nerve in her right hand. After 5 weeks she has only regained 10% use of the hand.

Two hours after surgery she recieved a phone call from the stores insurance company. notifying her that they looked and did not see anything she could have tripped over. they offered her 1000 dollars to settle. She told them she would talk to them later, that she was on too many pills to discuss the situation. My mother has contacted a few lawyers from the phone book and have been told that because the scene had been tampered with they could never prove she tripped over anything. The store has a security video of the accident, but refuse to give my mother a copy. Do you think she has a case? she is just looking for some help with the medical bills and some of the medical equiptment she had to install in the house due to her new disability. She has already told the insurance company that she was considering getting a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">