• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trouble with kids at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michaela

I have two teenage girls attending a local secondry school. They moved to this school 18months ago and since arriving there have been a few problems but the school do not obviously take bullying seriously or take a "parental" view over these kids. My daughter has had her wrist broken in school on two occassions by other pupils and on another occassion fell over and on all three occassions the school nurse said there was nothing wrong in fact the school did not even contact me. Recently during a science lesson a boy was mucking about with copper sulphate and threw some at my daughter and it ended up in her mouth. The techer actually said to my daughter "I don`t know what to do!" My daughter went to the school nurse and they made her drink lots of water but again no one telephoned me to tell me what had happened and the gp was horrified that the kids were allowed copper sulphate let alone throwing it around.
My other daughter has been bullied so badly she has been off school for some weeks with a bad back after being pushed and then thrown into a brick wall. She also has alot of other incidents during the day. I have contated the head teacher and he says sorry but he has been doing this foir 18 months. Is there anything legally I can do?

ALawyer

Yes. Lots.

One suggestion, before you contact a lawyer or the school board, speak with other parents and get their reactions and find out if the problem your kids are having is unique to them or just one on many that others have too.

I remember how when my kids had a problem with a teacher I thought it may be my kid's problem -- when I talked with others I learned that it was not just my child but lots of others and there was strength in numbers, even for a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">