• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Durwood

What is the name of your state?This happened in Indiana , but i am from Ohio.
I was in an accident last wednesday ( Nov. 30th )where a semi hit me from behind in stopped rush hour traffic and shoved me into the semi in front of me. I was in my box truck. I received whiplash and a hurt back from it. Nothing really really bad (i dont think, but i am still sore )but i start therapy next week. My truck will be fixed in a week or two and i will be able to drive it ok, but i'm wondering about what i am looking at with the back and whiplash issues. The insurance adjuster naturally is in a hurry and said we can probably settle by Christmas. I'm not sure i want to settle that quick because i would be freeing them from any problems i have down the road. I don't really know the recourse to take here and am looking for advice.

Thanks
Durwood

You should contact a personal injury attorney in your area. Of course the carrier wants to settle ASAP. If you have a whiplash injury, you could have medical expenses down the road. Once you settle and sign that release, you're out of luck.

Durwood

Thank you for the response. One last question. Is there a time limit to file a lawsuit after the accident? Thanks again.

Durwood

Yes, there is. But I don't know what it is. Google "statute of limitations in Indiana (I'm pretty sure it goes by the state in which the accident occurred; if I'm wrong, someone will be along to correct me. I think Indiana is 2 years, but again, I'm not a legal expert, I'm a lowly insurance agent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">