• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck driver hit me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sophia19

What is the name of your state?
ARIZONA
I was involved in car accident when a construction truck ran a stop sign and clipped the back end of my car. The police showed up and gave him a ticket for faliure to yeild. The insurance company is telling me that they only are willing to pay 50% of the damages to my car. They are claming that there was a witness that saw me driving with out my lights on but the police report says that the accident took place in the daytime. There was no witness at the scene and the truck driver never stated that my lights were not on in the report. The insurace company is not going off of the police report, they are basing the claim on the word of the truck driver. The insurance company is not budging on only paying for 50% of my repairs and I was not at fault in this accident what can I do?

sophia19

Answer: truck driver hit me

arizona
no it was not raining and the accident took place around 6:40 am while the sun was coming up. I have not file the claim with my inusurance company because my premium will go up.

acmb05

arizona
no it was not raining and the accident took place around 6:40 am while the sun was coming up. I have not file the claim with my inusurance company because my premium will go up.
Well there you go, lights are required for 30 minutes after sun comes up and 30 minutes before sun sets.

ecmst12

According to what state law is that?

Your premiums will not necessarily go up if you were not at fault for the accident. But your other option is small claims court.

moburkes

According to what state law is that?

Your premiums will not necessarily go up if you were not at fault for the accident. But your other option is small claims court.
I'll see if I can pull anything up, but that is a requirement in almost every city across the country. We actually talked about this within the last few months with another poster.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">