• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck kicked up a stone in my windshield and broke it, what compensation option do I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wanaagnes

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Traveling on a highway a truck kicked up a stone and hit my windshield causing it to crack. I was lucky enough to write down the plate numbers and name of the company. I considered waving the guy to pull over, decided not to.

Now I cant go to my insurance company because of the deductible. What rights do I have in NJ? Would I need to prove in some ridiculous manner that the truck that I am accusing actually did cause the damage?

Last edited:

racer72

The driver or owner of the truck cannot be held liable, there was no negligence involved. Check around with glass companies. I recently had to have the windshield in my wifes car replaced and there is a $100 deductable. I called around and got a new windshield installed for $10 and I also got a gift certificate for a free dinner for 2 at a very nice restaurant.

violetb

We have comprehensive on our policy and it covers the cost of the windshield and no deductible. Check with your insurance agent about your coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">