• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trucks totaled, backs sore.....compensation??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cateric

I live in PA and was in a bad auto accident. A man turned left on to me. My three quarter ton truck had the rear axle ripped out from under it. No one was seriously hurt, although i have pretty bad back pain now. My insurance company (Vanguard) is not being much help. I've been dealing with his insurance company (state farm). They are fixing the vehicle, but there is no talk about any kind of compensation for me personally. I have a hard time when i'm driving now. I flinch at everything. I break down emotionally at the drop of a hat. Can't sleep well because of my back. What should I do, and who do I talk to?? Never been in this situation and I feel this guy made an unexcusable accident that almost killed me!! my Insurance Company sure isn't any help either. HELP!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It's not your insurance company's responsibility to "exercise your rights". It's yours.

Your insurance company is there to pay all legally required damages that you may have caused, and to repair your vehicle, minus your deductible. If you didn't cause the accident, your insurance company is, for all intents and purposes, "out of the loop" in this matter.

Unless you're an attorney, you really shouldn't be dealing with this on your own. Exercise your rights, and hire a Personal Injury Attorney on Monday morning. Personal Injury attorneys take cases, such as yours, on a "contingency" basis - - meaning, you don't have to pay anything for the attorney's assistance and representation "out of your own pocket". The attorney gets paid only when the attorney obtains a settlement or judgment in your favor. And then, pursuant to the "Contingency Fee Retainer Agreement", your attorney will take a percentage of whatever amount he / she got for you. You get the rest.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">