• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get neglegent driving ticket dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paul1864

State: Washington

I have recently recieved a neglegent driving 2nd degree ticket in the mail due to a motorcycle accident that was caused by the slippery black plastic part on the railroad crossing.

The officer thinks I was speeding, although he wasn't there to witness anything, he claims some witness told him I was doing a wheelie, which was not the case.

Here are the details, I was just pulling away from work, drove about 100 feet, speed limit was 25mph, slipped on the tracks and crashed, and me and my bike slid about 50 feet, the bike hit a parked car. I did not go to a doctor.

Here are my main questions.
1. I still have about 20 days to submit my ticket, I'm wondering what sorts of documents I should request? Like the Discovery, for example, but I'm sure theres others I should request either for my own good, or because they are required to supply them.
2. Would it probably be a good or bad idea to subpoena the officer?
3. I have co-workers that witnessed the accident and say they will vouch for me that I was not going above the 25mph speed limit. Should I get them involved? And if I do, what work is needed? Like do they have to actually show up in court or can I get written statements from them?
4. What sort of defenses do I have in this situation? The officer was not there, he just went off a couple witness reports, he claims I was speeding due to the length of the skid marks (which were actually not from the tires but rather the fairing).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">