• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two car accidents in two months...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

veriria

What is the name of your state? Indiana. I will try to be as breif as I can. I am the victim of two accidents which occured in the span of less than two months.

The first accident occured when I was at a complete stop behind another vehicle waiting to turn left. It had just stop raining, and he rear ended me, smashing me in between his car and the car in front of me. My car was totalled, and I received whiplash on my right side from my neck to my lower back. No breathalizer was taken on the defendant but I found out he has had two DWI's (1987 and in 2000). The second accident I was driving my mom's new 2002 Dodge Neon when I was side-swiped by a drunken driver, we were traveling in opposite directions when he crossed the median. Both our cars were damaged in the same way, along the whole length of the driver's sides. I had multiple lacerations and bruises and limped for a week or two, but other than that, I was all good even though the car was totalled (imagine engine sitting next to the car).

My lawyer is going through discovery for the first accident; the drunk never responded to the complaint which was served to him personally by the sheriff (no sent through the mail bull). The drunk has insurence as stated on the policec report, so does anyone have any ideas why there would be no contact in the alotted 30 days he had? My lawyer set forth the Motion for Default for me, which is good but I'm afraid the drunk might show up later and state he never heard of it, etc. etc. you know?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">