• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

two car thefts in one week.......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abocic

What is the name of your state? Seattle Washington

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do. I have Geico as my auto insurance, my car was stolen twice in one week, and they didn't have a chance to come out and look at the car before it was stolen again and totaled. I have all the police reports and everything, and now I'm having to pay 2 deductibles because I have 2 separate claims. Plus they'll take away whatever they give me on the 1st claim from the total value of the 2nd claim because the damage one the first claim devalues the car, which doesn't seem right to me. So I"m just wondering if there's any extra information I should know, so I don't lose so much.

C

CALGON_ANYONE?

abocic said:
What is the name of your state? Seattle Washington

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do. I have Geico as my auto insurance, my car was stolen twice in one week, and they didn't have a chance to come out and look at the car before it was stolen again and totaled. I have all the police reports and everything, and now I'm having to pay 2 deductibles because I have 2 separate claims. Plus they'll take away whatever they give me on the 1st claim from the total value of the 2nd claim because the damage one the first claim devalues the car, which doesn't seem right to me. So I"m just wondering if there's any extra information I should know, so I don't lose so much.
Every claim made to your insurance company is a seperate deductable. I am not judging you, but I wonder why your vehicle was stolen twice?:rolleyes:

A

abocic

Re: Re: two car thefts in one week.......

CALGON_ANYONE? said:
Every claim made to your insurance company is a seperate deductable. I am not judging you, but I wonder why your vehicle was stolen twice?:rolleyes:
the deputy who found my car said it was just bad luck and it was the same deputy who found my car the twice. the good thing was they caught everyone involved.

C

CALGON_ANYONE?

Re: Re: Re: two car thefts in one week.......

abocic said:
the deputy who found my car said it was just bad luck and it was the same deputy who found my car the twice. the good thing was they caught everyone involved.
I would imagine your insurance company could go after them for both deductables.

A

amazing23f

hmmmmmmm

well if the damage was done a car to the extend where it is not drivable, insurance should refund you for the value of the car before it was stolen, and well deductible is not avoidble but it's worth it, after u get a check and get a better car.

A

abocic

Re: Re: Re: Re: two car thefts in one week.......

CALGON_ANYONE? said:
I would imagine your insurance company could go after them for both deductables.

I imagine thats what they will do, it states that in my policy. After I accept the settlement from the insurance I waive the right to sue and give the insurance company the right to sue.

mykoleary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: two car thefts in one week.......

abocic said:
I imagine thats what they will do, it states that in my policy. After I accept the settlement from the insurance I waive the right to sue and give the insurance company the right to sue.
They COULD, but it's doubtful they will. They got paid the deductible by you, why would they expend time and money to go and get it from someone else when they are not obligated to? Ask them about their policy before this all settles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">