• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uhaul accident with insurance ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommyof3

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Hello we rented a Uhaul truck to move last summer and bought the extra insurance coverage although we have full coverage on our auto policy. My husband clipped our neighbors old truck and we assumed that because we had purchased the insurance we were covered, we called the police and did an accident report. Now we have received a letter stating that there is a claim against us for $1000.00 and the Uhaul company wants our auto policy information, doesnt that mean we will get stuck with our deductible anyway??
I would appreciate any advice!

seniorjudge

Mommyof3 said:
Hello we rented a Uhaul truck to move last summer and bought the extra insurance coverage although we have full coverage on our auto policy. My husband clipped our neighbors old truck and we assumed that because we had purchased the insurance we were covered, we called the police and did an accident report. Now we have received a letter stating that there is a claim against us for $1000.00 and the Uhaul company wants our auto policy information, doesnt that mean we will get stuck with our deductible anyway??
Your post is rather confusing.

But, you have to pay a deductible.

Mommyof3 said:
I would also check the insurance you purchased from u-haul. Most u-haul contracts state they are "excess" to any available coverage. This would mean that if you have coverage afforded under your personal policy, u-haul would not pay till that coverage was exhausted. You will want to read u-hauls policy first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">