• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized, unlicensed daughter wrecked my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VSPeck1

Yeah, juvenile authorities took care of most of that when she appeared in court the day after the accident. 28 days in the detention center, electronic monitoring for the next 2 years, 80 hours of community service, cannot associate with a certain group of friends, etc... Unfortunately they set the disposition on all 3 charges at the same time, if we file to withdraw we have to go through it all again and there is a chance (I hope remote) that she gets out of some of that or worse that they could deny the request to withdraw the charges. Nothing I have done over the last 6 months has fazed her, somebody or something needs to get her attention before she gets hurt or worse hurts somebody else. My wife and I were hoping this might be the catalyst to get her back on track.

Thanks for your thoughts, it's much appreciated.
No legal advice, but just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this situation by any means. I had a similar daughter years ago, who happened to give me a grandson that got into deep trouble as he approached adulthood. Unfortunately she never learned her lesson and died at age 40. Fortunately he did and has now been walking the straight and narrow for over two years, clean, sober and working his butt off to get back in school and finish his degree. I agree that if you can make sure that she has to suffer the consequences of her actions, particularly while she is still young, you have a much better chance of turning this ship around. Again, good luck and Gods speed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">