• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage driving?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BaSICCally

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I was just curious if anyone knew the age a minor had to be before he or she could drive solo. When I was 16 I knew that 16 year olds in Washington State could drive alone. However I know the law has changed, anyone know what the new law is?

Who's Liable?

I believe it's a $1500.00 deposit per year up until the minor is 18, then it drops to $500.00, and this cost is not covered by insurance! :eek:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/ds/teen.htm#What

What restrictions are placed on an Intermediate Driver License?

1. For the first six months after issuance of an Intermediate Driver License, the holder of the license may not have any passengers in the car under the age of 20, except for members of the holder's immediate family.
2. After the first six months, the holder may not have more than three passengers in the car under the age of 20, except for members of the holder's immediate family.
3. The holder of an Intermediate Driver License may not operate a vehicle between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. except when the holder is accompanied by a parent, guardian, or a licensed Driver who is at least twenty-five years of age.
There is more in-depth information that you should also read on that link.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">