• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drunk driver totaled my car.Was already R title vehicle fixed up.Claiming..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djstorm98

I live in Pennsylvania. Last April (2003), My 2000 Sunfire was parked legally. An underage drunk driver hit a car driving up the road, then swerved off the road and smashed into the car parked next to mine. He hit it going to fast and smashed that car into mine. My car was parked next to a sign. From the impact, my car was wedged between a sign and the car parked next to mine. The boy took off in his car which lost some fluids and broke down 1 mile up the road. The police found him 5 minutes later hiding on somebody's front porch. He refused a Blood Alcohol Test, but in the report the police wrote down that the boy was obviously intoxicated.
Here is the problem....
I bought my 2000 Sunfire off a friend who works on R title vehicles and fixes them up. It was in perfect condition. Did not have a scratch on it. I paid just about $7000 for it. This boy is claiming R title vehicles aren't worth anything. He got a quote from a dealer who does not deal in R title vehicles of $1590. I sold what was left of my vehicle for $1200. That was just for the engine and the hood. The rest of my car was demolished. There is no way that the whole of my car minus engine and hood was only worth $390. I don't know how to argue my case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">