• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underinsured motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

titina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
A tire came off a vehicle and hit my husband's back window and severly hurt him. The guy driving the vehicle has just the minimum coverage required in New Mexico ($25,000). My husband has lost about $30,000 just in wages, not to mention the pain and suffering, family financial situation, etc. We do not have underinsured or uninsured insurance. What can we do to get a fair amount? It is not fair that his case is about $100,000, and he will just get about $16,000 because he has to pay 1/3 of $25,000 to his attorney. Help please. We are about to lose one vehicle, etc. My husban's still very sick.
Thank you, Titina

JustAPal00

I hate to say it, but this is why you carry insurance, to protect yourself. Does the guy who caused the accident own a business, home, or does he have any personal money?

ecmst12

Sounds like YOU didn't have much more then the minimum either. Hopefully you've since rectified that.

tammy8

Why don't you have underinsured motorist coverage? Because you also only carry minimal limits?

Geez :rolleyes:that is the cheapest coverage on the entire policy!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">