• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underwriting questionnaire Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddbs1967

I live in the state of New Jersey, and I have recently received a underwriting questionnaire letter. It is asking me to list all resident in my house hold.

Is there a law that saids that I have to list anyone other than a licensed driver?

It is my understanding that I only have to list drivers that will be driving my car, is this true?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

If they ask you for the residents, you need to list ALL the residents. If they ask for the licensed drivers, then you only need to list the licensed drivers. You need to answer the actual questions they ask.

ddbs1967

thanks for the answer, but do you know if there is a law, that says I have to list all residents? because the way I understand it 16 and under don't have to be listed even if requested, and drivers who have there own insurance don't have to be listed eather.

ecmst12

This has nothing to do with the law, it is about the rules of your policy. If they ask you a question you must answer it truthfully or risk jeopardizing your coverage. You don't necessarily need to COVER everyone in your household, but if the company wants their names, you have to provide them.

ddbs1967

ok I understand that, but it is non of their business, espically when they are asking for date of birth and social security number. That information is information that I don't want to give out on my children. I have given them all the infomation for the people who drive on my cars, the rest is non of thier business...

ecmst12

It absolutely is their business. If you don't like the questions you can try finding another company that won't ask the same questions.

Country Living

Then change insurance companies. It will be just a matter of time before the new company asks the same questions.

You're missing a point here. They don't want to know just who drives your cars. They want to know - they have the right to know - anyone in your household who has / will have any opportunity to drive your cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">