• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbhank

October 99 after a period of difficulty with my vehicle payments my lender INSISTED I take out an insurance policy that would make payments when I had difficulties. My vehicle was refinanced to supposedly cover the cost of this policy and to pay some personal bills - at no point did I receive cash to pay needed bills, just enough to satisfy their payments and my rent even though I had shown need and had asked for more, and was in a dire situation economically - This June I again lost a job, but this time left the area. When payments became due and time to invoke the insurance policy into which had now been paid almost 800.00 in premiums and 9 months passed, the insurance company refused to honor the policy saying the lender should have never signed me up in the first place. They said they told me they had given this lender "classes" on these policies and they knew the rules.
Now over a year later and in this session of difficult times the payments are delinquent, the insurance company has refunded the premiums to the lender - not to me - I am still owing the increased size payment - the lender took the difference off the total, giving me no cut in payments monthly. The insurance premiums were deducted from my payments owed. The lender's only statements have been "We will help you any way we can." This has proven to be a very obvious and insulting lie! This is a large company and their means makes this kind of statement ridiculous.
The questions are: Isn't the insurance company bound by the contract with me - no matter what the agreement is with the lender. If the lender screwed up in selling me the policy in the first place, who is responsible? ( I had no way of knowing the existence of the policy without their telling me about it! In addition they were very insistent to pushy about signing up for it.) Right now I am responsible and the fact that this has come a year after the original agreement makes the question of whether or not they had and took ample time to let me know I was not eligible. I think 9 months in this age of communications is a little much.
Presently this situation and how the lender is treating it is adding to my hardship, not staying neutral or helping when the neutral and/or positive route is again readily available. Here is why I say this: since the recent payment difficulties the lender's home office has been calling daily, Saturdays, sometimes nearly 9pm and early in the mornings but refusing to leave a message that says who they are and why they are calling. I have repeatedly asked both the local office management and the home office people not to ocntinue to call me since I am in close contact with the local office. They have refused to do this saying they can't say who they work for or what the nature of their call is. They also say their calls are not within their control. Something's wrong here. Can they harrass me in this way. Again when I am in close touch with the local representatives of this company, sometimes in person as they are not physically distant.
The management at the local office have turned over several times and the managers who were in charge at the time of my signup for this insurance are not available to them for verification. None of them work for this company any more and have, if contacted by the present management at all, have refused to provide any information.
So right now this is causing my already bad credit to get worse, if that's possible. Their constant badgering form the home office is just that, badgering at this ppoint as no constructive help has ever been even offered. the fact that the insurance has defaluted this way is weighing very negatively on both what I have to do and my head.
Damages???? I know I'm at least feeling a psychological beating as this vehicle has since become my home. Duue partially to the economic difficulties mentioned I have since become homeless and have been living hand to mouth out of this vehicle. The lender has been aware of this for sime time and has refused to react in a way that helps. They EVIDENTLY have no interest in helping me even if it cost both us, in my case my solubility within the system. They show active participation inpushing me out when the opposite is readily available.
Something's wrong here. I can't do something about this alone. Can you help, or better yet, not can you - because you ACTUALLY ARE ABLE TO - but WILL you help??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">