• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

recwatch

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

To make a long story short, upon settling my personal injury case, my attorney presented me a copy of a subrogation check mailed to my insurance company. 18 months later, my insurance company says they never received the check, and they are asking for $5,000. The attorney apparently not only did not mail the check, he has skipped town. His firm is out of business, and the bar association or supreme court have no forwarding address.

Am I obligated to pay my insurance company, or is that an issue between my lost attorney and them?

HomeGuru

recwatch said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

To make a long story short, upon settling my personal injury case, my attorney presented me a copy of a subrogation check mailed to my insurance company. 18 months later, my insurance company says they never received the check, and they are asking for $5,000. The attorney apparently not only did not mail the check, he has skipped town. His firm is out of business, and the bar association or supreme court have no forwarding address.

Am I obligated to pay my insurance company, or is that an issue between my lost attorney and them?

**A: you are responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">