• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hfetters

Colorado
My Grandmother was in an accident in June of 05'. The attorney working on the case asked me to look up some claims however NOT to say it was an accident. Medicare was notified of the accident however the secondary was not. I asked why we were not notifying them he told that if we "lay low" they may not find out and it will not be taken out of any settlements. I disagreed and he dropped the whole case in my lap with 3 month left on the statutes. Can he put leans on future settlements and how do I look up any medical leins currently?
Thanks
Heidi

ecmst12

I would suggest contacting another lawyer for help ASAP. This may be grounds for a complaint to the bar - what he was advocating is insurance fraud!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">