• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair settlement from the faulty's ins. company...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chriskatpat

my parked, unoccupied car was hit by an intoxicated driver with and ohio licence, missouri plates, ohio insurance company, and was currently residing in california. (this occured in CA). The other party's insurance company sent an independant adjuster in my area and named my car a total loss. I just recieved a quote from his company for the loss of my car, and the figure was much lower than i think my car was worth. Much under kelly blue book, and lower than ads i found for similar cars in my area. i have fought with them but they will not really raise my payment. does the insurance need to follow CA law for pricing my car where accident occured, or ohio law where the company is? Can i do anything other than argue? thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">