• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair ticket/not at fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meleled792

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I was in an accident 2 days ago. A disabled vehicle was stopped at a stop sign on a residential street. I stopped behind the vehicle and the driver motioned for me to go around. After checking to make sure no one was behind me, I proceeded to back up a little to go around the vehicle. I was hit by another driver from behind. We got out to asses the damage to our vehicles and neither was damaged. I said I did not want to file a report and the other driver agreed that she didn't either. We exchanged information and I got in my vehicle. The driver that was in front of me left. I noticed the driver behind me was on the phone. I got back out to make sure everything was OK. She told me she was calling the police and wanted to file a report. I ended up getting a ticket for improper backing. I thought this was ridiculous. The officer told me that because the other driver wanted to file a report, she had to issue me a citation. What can I do about this? I live in Cobb County, GA if that helps.

meleled792

As I said before , the car was not behind me when I began to back up. I was hit because the other driver failed to stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">