• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unhappy with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marian55

What is the name of your state? Texas
I retained an attorney due to an auto accident...I was rear-ended. After a year of his office not returning my phone calls, I became very upset. His office submitted a settlement package without my knowledge and without my current medical records to the other driver's insurance company. At this point I fired my attorney but I cannot retain other representation due to my previous attorney's lien on my claim. Again, I tried to contact his office and no one returns my calls. The statute of limitations is approaching...what are my options? Also, this case was originally taken on a contingency basis. Thank you.

HomeGuru

marian55 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I retained an attorney due to an auto accident...I was rear-ended. After a year of his office not returning my phone calls, I became very upset. His office submitted a settlement package without my knowledge and without my current medical records to the other driver's insurance company. At this point I fired my attorney but I cannot retain other representation due to my previous attorney's lien on my claim. Again, I tried to contact his office and no one returns my calls. The statute of limitations is approaching...what are my options? Also, this case was originally taken on a contingency basis. Thank you.

**A: are you telling us that for one entire year you have been calling his office and he has not called you back?

M

marian55

Let me put it this way...my husband and I have placed several calls to his office, even some with anonymous names...just to see if they would return the call...and they havn't. I honestly cannot remember getting a phone call FROM them. The only time anything was accomplished...as little as it was...was when we were persistent when we called them, i.e., when we would not hang up without some sort of response from them. But it always ended up being..."I'll let them know you called." This was through whoever at the time was working as receptionist, which were a few. The so-called legal assistant did not return calls to us.

HomeGuru

Re: RE: unhappy with attorney

marian55 said:
Let me put it this way...my husband and I have placed several calls to his office, even some with anonymous names...just to see if they would return the call...and they havn't. I honestly cannot remember getting a phone call FROM them. The only time anything was accomplished...as little as it was...was when we were persistent when we called them, i.e., when we would not hang up without some sort of response from them. But it always ended up being..."I'll let them know you called." This was through whoever at the time was working as receptionist, which were a few. The so-called legal assistant did not return calls to us.

**A: you never answered my first question. And now I have a 2nd question. During the course of the year, did you ever consider going down to his office and meeting with him in person or maybe sending a certified rrr letter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">