• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uninsured but other driver at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dadalu1

i live and had a accident in boston, ma a couple of weeks ago. we were at a traffic light. the other driver first and i second. the other driver began to go forward and then the reverse lights came and they proceeded to go back at a rapid speed. i tried to maneuver around but was hit on the passenger door and down the side. i was driving my girlfriend's car from a garage when this happened. the weather was bad so i went to get it for her. the thing is since i don't drive her vehicle or any car, i didn't have auto insurance, which is not good. the accident happened and i called the police, since no one was injured and both cars were drivable, they said to just file a report with the police, dmv, and insurance. i sent the report to the police, dmv, and my girlfriend's insurance and was figuring this insurance would work with the other drivers insurance to pay for the cars damages. they came out estimated the reparis, around $2500 and then they said they weren't going to do anything on this issue. so, i wonder what the next steps might be. do i contact the other driver's insurance company directly? do i go to small claims court? is my girlfriend's insurance company supposed to help, but they are not? i don't know.

so, from a legal point of view where do we stand and what should we do next.

teflon_jones

You can either pursue it with the other insurance company or file a small claims court case.

Your girlfriend's company will not help because of your lack of a license, so you weren't covered by her policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">