• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured company van involved in hit and run.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DebbieD

Texas
I was hit over one year ago by an unauthorized, unlicensed driver of a furniture company van. The driver fled the scene of the accident only to be picked up later. I had a totaled vehicle, as well as injuries requiring physical therapy. The company had allowed its insurance to lapse and was uninsured at the time of the accident. The lawyer that was given my case "finally" contacts me with a $250 settlement from MY insurance co. My insurance co. should not have to be responsible for this. The man that owns the company and the van who IS at fault was never taken to task. Should I hold off on cashing this check and find another lawyer? What are my options over one year later? Without my knowledge my insurance co.(who by the way DID replace my totaled vehicle) was attacked for medical bills instead of the offending party. I now fear that my insurance will be dropped over this ridiculous $250. Help, any information would be most appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">