• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ascottlynn@yaho

I'm in Georgia and was hit by a car with an uninsured driver while riding a scooter. The scooter's insurance did not include uninsured motorist coverage. My auto policy, through another insurance company, does have uninsured motorist coverage. I've talked to a lawyer who tells me that they can use the auto policy to get a settlement. I asked whether or not this would cause my auto insurance company to drop me or raise my rates and was told "of course not", but I feel that they could be conflicted by the possibility of their share of any settlement. My question is this: Could I be dropped by my auto insurance company or subjected to a rate increase, and if so, what recourse do I have? Thanks for whatever insight you might have to share.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

Not likely that it will significantly affect your rates, since you were not at fault for the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">