• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured driver gets off clean

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miracar

I live in NJ. I recently got in an accident where I was stopped at a red light and this small chevy malibu rear ends me at about 30-40 mph. I was in a truck but he hit me so hard that my car jumped the lane. Damages to boh vehicle were pretty bad. I called the police and made a report. Evrything was good his insurance seemed ok and i gave all my information. After the accident I started getting pains in my whole body and I started going to the doctor. At this point I also got a lawyer. My lawyer told me to go for therapy 3 times a week, MRI, nerve test etc. Now about 2 months later I still haven't been able to fix this brand new car, only 250 miles. I am making payments and need the car fixed but when I called to make a claim the other person insurance was expired. I am assuming that he made the insurance card.

So my lawyers are saying that they are going to sue my personal insurance to get money for damage and med bills. How is that going to help when I will probably get kicked out of allstate for getting too much money.

This guy is getting away clean slate for being an uninsured driver.

The police officer who took the report says make a claim at the police department for a uninsured driver.

What do I do? Do I just listen to my lawyer and sue my personal insurance? What can i do about this uninsured driver? now my premium goes up for being the victim? And all I get is the boot from my insurance company and a lawyer who never calls back..

Please help and advice would be great

Thanks

stephenk

"What do I do? Do I just listen to my lawyer and sue my personal insurance? What can i do about this uninsured driver? now my premium goes up for being the victim? And all I get is the boot from my insurance company and a lawyer who never calls back.."

Do you know what Uninsured Motorist Coverage means? You make a claim against your own carrier for the damages you suffered from the uninsured driver. Your rates will not go up. Once you settle with your own carrier, your carrier will then go after the other driver to be reimbursed for the money they paid to you.

miracar

I am aware of the uninsured coverage but my lawyer told me most likely allstate will not be able to get much from the person who hit me which will be a lose for them and probably why I will get kicked out. I am also aware of the no fault law but was told that if I make my insurance company loose a certain amount of money I will get kicked out

BelizeBreeze

miracar said:
I am aware of the uninsured coverage but my lawyer told me most likely allstate will not be able to get much from the person who hit me which will be a lose for them and probably why I will get kicked out. I am also aware of the no fault law but was told that if I make my insurance company loose a certain amount of money I will get kicked out
And what were you smoking and with whom when you were "TOLD" that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">