• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured Motorist/Arbitration Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salsy46

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
I am wondering if intimidation tactics are being used by the law firm with whom I'm dealing regarding my mva:
After an accident with an uninsured motorist which my insurance company deemed his fault, the settlement will be made with my own insurance company and will be determined through arbitration. I am representing myself. I would like to know if the attorneys representing my insurance company can lawfully subpoena my medical records or if it's even necessary to provide them with any further records than I already provided before arbitration had been decided upon. Is it even necessary to speak with them before the arbitration hearing? They are asking for endless info and I want to know my rights.
Thanks....Leigh
What is the name of your state? CaliforniaWhat is the name of your state?

alnorth

Of course they can get your medical records. If the other driver was insured, the other insurance company would get your medical records as well. Before you can receive a nickel, you have to not only prove liability (which is apparently not in dispute here) you also have to prove your damages. If you have no damages, its basically "no harm, no foul".

You dont have to actually speak with them before the hearing, but if they ask for records and information which they are entitled to, then they will get them.

If you only have minor damages, it may not matter as much if you represent yourself, but if you are really seriously hurt, you would be absolutely insane not to hire a personal injury attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">