• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brookeysue

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I have uninsured and underinsured coverage, plus liability coverage. I was hit when an uninsured taxi ran a red light. My car is totaled. My insurer tells me there's nothing they can do because the uninsured covered is for bodily injury only (even though my policy simply says "uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage"--of course, NOW I see the fine print...). My expectation was that the uninsured coverage would cover property damage as well as injury. Is there anything I can do? I pay over $1200 per year on a pretty cheap car, but as a poor college student, I can't afford collision coverage. Am I, like my claims agent told me, SOL?

Last edited:

outonbail

You can file a claim against the owner of the taxi. If it is a medium sized cab company or even a sole owner/operator and they are operating a taxi service without insurance, this would be grounds for their license and any special operating permits to be revoked. They may pay you for your damage to shut you up.

Contact an attorney and have him/her make a call on your behalf. It may bring results without having to file a suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">