• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured. Need advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

urisor

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was involved in an accident 2 month ago. I am uninsured. The police did not file a report, because they said the damage is less then $1000. But I did get a ticket for failing to give a right of way.
The other person's car was not damaged too much (front bump scratches)

Now I have recieved a claim from his insurance for $2500.
He replaced (or so he says) Both fenders, headlights, front bumper, a door handle(!?) and they also state bunch of refinishing work.

I talked to his insurance and they said that they "believe their client" and, unless I have any way to prove it, I should pay.

They offered installement plan.

Should I try, either by going to attorney or by myself, try to reduce the amount of the claim?

It is my understanding that on some parts (I know about fenders for sure) there is a serial number and it is possible to prove if they were really replaced. How can I find out if the guy did not make a deal with the shop?

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank You

No matter what you owe this claim. If you don't pay you'll get sued. Even if you were able to convince the judge that some of the repairs were excessive the attornies fees would negate what you accomplish in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">