• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlicensed daughter involved in borrowed, single car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JETX

Gheephurs said:
Am I liable?
Simple answer... yes, you are liable for the negligence and/or malicious conduct of your daughter.

Does the vehicle's owner have a case against me for damages?
If your daughter was in fact driving the vehicle at the time of the damage, yes.

My daughter is 15 and does not have a full license. She has an intermediate license that allows her to drive with a licensed driver only during certain hours.
Strike one!!

My daughter said she was driving, but I do not believe her. I think she is lying to cover someone's ass. (phone records do not back up her story)
Unless you can somehow PROVE that your daughter was NOT driving (and even more unlikely since she has admitted), your 'belief' is not relevant.

The facts do not support my daughter was the only person in the vehicle at the time of the accident. I believe other's are involved but no one will tell the truth.
Not relevant who else might have been in the vehicle... if she was driving.

The vehicle's owner said there were beer cans in and around the vehicle. The accident site was clean when I went to investigate.
Unless you were there at the time of the accident without there being any chance for someone to 'clean up'.... not relevant.
Oh, and strike TWO!!

The vehicle had expired license tags.
Not relevant. Especially since your daughter would be the one cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle.
Strike THREE!

The vehicle is old and in bad repair.
Not relevant.

No police report was filed.
Guess what??? Yep, you got it!! Not relevant!!

The vehicle's owner has not contacted her insurance company as of yet. She has approached me 3 times for money to settle the matter The last time she came over she wanted $1000. When I told her I could not pay her because I still cannot confirm the details of the accident, and that I do not believe my daughter was driving, she said she has a lawyer friend that will put a lawsuit on me. (This person is known for putting lawsuits on people).
Then I suggest you make arrangements to take care of this.

My insurance company advised me not to pay her any money and to tell her to file a claim with her insurance company. Which I did. I do not know if the vehicle had insurance covereage.
ROTFLMAO!!! Of course they told you that!! After all, they have NO involvement in this matter. YOU, as the 'responsible' parent for your crime-spree daughter.... do.

The vehicle was pulled from the ditch by a private citizen and sat on the side of the road for over 2 weeks. I was asked to pay the towing from the site to a car repair location. I did nothing and now the vehicle is sitting in an impound costing $75/day.
Then you better get a whole lot more money... since you will get hit with those impound fees also.

Am I in trouble?
Yep, and more so by the minute!!

If so, what should I do?
Before or after beating the crap out of your stupid criminal daughter??

CALIF-LAWPRO28

My response:

Thank you, JetX, for responding to this Dufus. Sometimes, you have to wonder how these trailer trash people make it through each day, and actually survive. Whatever happened to the principle of: "Survival of the fittest"? These trailer people sure aren't "fit."

And to think, this writer has children who will someday "breed" and continue the stereotypical cycle of their "trailerness".

IAAL

Gheephurs

Thanks JetX

It's tough being a trailer trash Dufus.

JetX, I appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Hoping it's not too late to straighten this out in Mississippi.

CALIF-LAWPRO28

Gheephurs said:
It's tough being a trailer trash Dufus.

JetX, I appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Hoping it's not too late to straighten this out in Mississippi.

My response:

When you people look in a mirror, do you see someone with missing teeth, and a bit slack-jawed? Does your home have, or at one time had, wheels? When you look in a dictionary, do you see your picture under "Dufus" or "trailer trash"?

IAAL

Gheephurs

None of the above

Not everyone living in Mississippi is from here.

You must have mistaken me for a lanterned jawed moron with tobacco juice running down my chin

CALIF-LAWPRO28

Gheephurs said:
You must have mistaken me for a lanterned jawed moron with tobacco juice running down my chin
My response:

Actually, from your stupid, trailer trash story, it's no mistake. That is exactly what trailer trash do, and keeps the stereotype alive and well!

Do you play the Banjo, and park your trailer down by the river?

IAAL

Gheephurs

Trailer trash story

I'll bet there is a stupid trailer trash story in your family's past.
Especially if you have children.

CALIF-LAWPRO28

Gheephurs said:
I'll bet there is a stupid trailer trash story in your family's past.
Especially if you have children.

My response:

No, not at all. We're all highly educated, and quite wealthy. Take me for example; I have a successful law firm in Southern California. I come here to "let my hair down" and to make fun of idiots like you!

During the week, I have to be serious while I hold my hand out to receive $5,000 retainer fees. It's takes a lot of energy to do that.

You, on the other hand, have a stupid family that should really seriously have a discussion about breeding - - how not to.

IAAL

Gheephurs

We were at home, and gave her permission to go where she said she was going.
She lied and went somewhere else.
This happend during daytime.
We do not condone drugs and alcohol and she knows our stand on them.
We have always kept tabs on where she's going and who she is with.
We trusted her at the time. She has always been responsible and is an A student.
This whole situation caught us by surprise.

I'm sure IAAL will have something demeaning to say about this post too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">