• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlicensed driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pvbpnthrs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

i let an unlicensed driver drive my car and they ran over the cement block in the front of the parking spot and did 500 dollars damage to my car.. at the time the driver told me they had their license so i took their word for it when i let them drive... when i told them that i would like them to pay for the damage they admitted to not having a license and refused to pay and worse they are saying that the only reason i let them drive was because i was under the influence of drugs which is NOT true, they even called a friend who i have never met to say that they were there when i supposedly did drugs.. i have never done drugs in my life so im not sure how to handle this claim... i dont have money to repair the car myself and was wondering if i have a case if i took it to court.. thanks you for your help

racer72

The fact the driver was unlicensed and whether you were under the influence of drugs or not does not relieve the drivers reponsibility for the damage he caused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">