• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unrecoverable deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LauraK

I was in an auto accident last year. The other party was at fault, and lied about having insurance. My insurance company says they were unable to find the other party, does not want to spend any more money (they have only spent $629.77 on my car repair and rental, and since the other party was going thru a divorce, probably does not have the funds anyway. (Her cost, including my $500.00) deductible would be about $1200.00)
They have close file and will not return my deductible. They took almost a month to try to contact the company she said she was insured with, will not tell me specifically how they tried to contact her other that a phone call (# disconnected) and 1 letter....no reply. I contacted the DMV in Illinois to report her as uninsured, I supplied them with her ex-husband's address, and I feel this is truly a case of bad faith.
They told me I have the right to take her to pursuit it on my own. How can I, if she is no where to be found? Chances are she also lied about the divorce as well.
What can I do to get my deductible back?

[This message has been edited by LauraK (edited October 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by LauraK (edited October 18, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">