• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreported Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eusjyfy

I live in VA, and the other night bumped against a car in an apartment parking lot. It was dark, but the damage didn't look too bad, so I left a note on the car with my work, home, and cell phone number. Its been three days, and I haven't heard anything. What should I do?

S

sdstrooper

You already did what you could do, if the other party involved doesn't want to do anything, then they don't want to do anything. If you want to cover your ass, you could go to your local police station and have them fill out an accident report for you.

S

stupidme2

Thank your lucky stars and park down the street for a few days!!

JETX

Wrong answer!! )*** BUZZZZ *****

It is possible that the note blew off, or was removed by somebody. Go back to the parking lot and see if you can find the car. If you can, ask if anyone knows who's vehicle it is. If not, then take the license number to the office and see if they have a record of the owner.

You owe it to the other driver to make your best effort to locate him/her.

JETX

"Who really does that??"
*** Any normal, responsible, mature person who has ethics and morals.
Guess you didn't, did you???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">