• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsure of how much compensation to ask for??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Twink320

Hi. My husband, myself, and our two children, ages 6 and 8 were rear-ended on Nov. 24 in New York. We live in Ohio. the lady who hit us, her insurance company has fixed our car, but we are all still taking treatments for whiplash, etc. I think within another week to two weeks, we will hopefully be able to be released by the doctor. We have absolutely no idea of what would be fair compensation from the insurance company for our pain etc. We have not retained an attorney, and have no desire to try and become rich from this accident. On the other hand, we would like some type of idea of what is fair in this instance. Can anyone help? Thanks!!! Sincerely, Twinkie

I doubt that anyone here will tell you what ask for or accept. Evaluating what an injury is worth from both the attorney's stand point and that of the adjuster is complicated. There is no cookie cutter aspect to pricing a claim and then conducting settlement negotiations.

If you don't get an attorney make sure the offer covers all of your out of pocket medical expenses, lost wages and includes enough money to pay back subrogable interests of any health carriers who made payments for you. Finaly, they may and should offer you some amount for pain and suffering.

T

Twink320

Thanks Juan! I think we are going to at least speak with an attorney and get his opinion on the whole thing, before we make any decisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">