• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsure what happens now..any help?!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katiebubb

What is the name of your state? Pa

On 08/03/03 I was involved in my first mva. I was coming home from work and a lady ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me. I was so close to her when she pulled out that the best I could do was swerve and hit the brakes. We still collided. The police said it was "cut and dry" her fault and that he had more witness's than he really needed.

I went to the er, I had alot of bruises, a sprained foot, and they said at the er that I had a head injury because there were parts of all the events I couldnt remember. Anyways they had to flat-bed my car to tow it away, they then sent it to a adjuster who then totalled it. Her insurance company sent an agent to my house. He verified with me what had happened, looked at my injuries, took the name of the Officer on duty and left.

They sent me a check for my car. Which I have replaced, I had to as soon as I can because I am a Home Health nurse and have to have a vehicle to work. The other persons insurance agent said I was able to collect lost wages and Pain and suffering for the accident. What confused me is I had to send all the medical and lost wage info to my insurance company. Why? wont that make my insurance go up now? she was declared at-fault for the accident, and she even claimed full responiblity with her insurance company. Anyways, I know its only been two weeks since the accident but how long will it take for me to recieve the lost wages? I dont work many hours as I have two kids at home. The pain and suffering isnt something I am so worried about since the other lady was hurt far worse than I was. It the wages I really need now.

My other question is I recieved care from the er and they gave me three days off of work, (i couldnt walk there for I couldnt lift any clients I had to take care of). My foot is still very very sore and a bit swollen and still bruising. I dont want to be a baby about it, but it hurts. Am I able to seek medical advise from my family doctor even though I was already treated for my injuries and they were declared a "bad sprain" and this ladies insurance pay for it???? I dont have the money or health insurance to pay for a follow up. Another thing that greatly concerns me is that my back has been very sore and feels like its burning and when I bend and turn it feels like its going to lock up on me. I never had back problems til now, The next day is when the back pain started and hasnt let up at all. I just though it was apart of the normal aches and pains from after an accident. I would really like that to be check out too just in case its something. I am very unsure about all that I am able to do and what and how it all happens. If anyone can help me I would so appeciated it greatly!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">