• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update on No Insurance Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stupidme2

What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok, I posted about two weeks ago regarding an accident that I was in with no insurance. I was turning left into the clear left lane and another car switched lanes into me, spinning me up onto the cement divider and into another car. Her car proceeded to flip upside down. We got the police report and it was wrong. It had me going a whole different direction than I was and had the damage on my vehicle and the car I hit wrong. The lady that I hit has State Farm insurance and I explained to them that I do not have liabilty insurance and that I am willing to cooperate with anything that they need. It turns out that in the case of her car, I am at fault for "faulty evasive action" meaning that in my attempt to avoid the car, I had turned my wheels too much which caused me to ultimately go over the curb and hit that car. So now I am waiting to find out how much I owe her insurance company. They said they can make payment arrangements. So I am not in trouble with them. Just have to pay them back which I fully accept. I did not receive a ticket for not having insurance. As for the lady that hit me and flipped her car. Turns out she doesn't have insurance either. So far she hasn't contacted me about anything. I am wondering if maybe she won't since she had no insurance either and her car was an 89 Cavalier that probably isn't worth anything. I had a 93 Cavalier in 99 and the trade in on it was $500. Anyways, all I am worried about on her is her injury. She had an open fracture of her arm. I am hoping that she just has medical insurance to cover it and will leave it alone. I assume that if she gets a lawyer, there will just be another investigation as to who's fault it was and if it is determined to be my fault I will get a judgement placed on me or whatever. The police report is inconclusive since it is wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">