• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upset not my fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kw0602

What is the name of your state?AL

I was hit by a car that was parked on the side of the road who pulled out as i was passing by. The owner of the other vehicle got out and said I know my truck did not do all that to your car.My response to him was it did not do it by itself.
We called the police and filed a report. The officer said she would let the insurance decide who was at fault, although she did write down the position of vehicles and exactly what we both said happened. We both agreed that he pulled out and hit me.

Now the gentleman has gone to his insurance company saying it was my fault! Therefore they are not willing to pay for my car or my damages. I have been seeing a physical therapist for backpain and a chiropractor since the accident. I have had to fix another vehicle of mine because I had no wa to get to work, since his insurance company was supposed to provide me with a rental car. And I am missing days from work because of the Dr. visits. What should be my next step to remedy this situation? Would I likely be compensated for the previous damages? My car is only worth $500 so it will likely be totaled.

HomeGuru

kw0602 said:
What is the name of your state?AL

I was hit by a car that was parked on the side of the road who pulled out as i was passing by. The owner of the other vehicle got out and said I know my truck did not do all that to your car.My response to him was it did not do it by itself.
We called the police and filed a report. The officer said she would let the insurance decide who was at fault, although she did write down the position of vehicles and exactly what we both said happened. We both agreed that he pulled out and hit me.

Now the gentleman has gone to his insurance company saying it was my fault! Therefore they are not willing to pay for my car or my damages. I have been seeing a physical therapist for backpain and a chiropractor since the accident. I have had to fix another vehicle of mine because I had no wa to get to work, since his insurance company was supposed to provide me with a rental car. And I am missing days from work because of the Dr. visits. What should be my next step to remedy this situation? Would I likely be compensated for the previous damages? My car is only worth $500 so it will likely be totaled.
**A: what is going on with your insurance company? What did they tell you when you filed a claim?

kw0602

Idid not file a claim w my insurance because the accidnet was not my fault and I only have liability insurance on my vehicle. My insurance company just said they would wait and see what his insurance does.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kw0602 said:
Idid not file a claim w my insurance because the accidnet was not my fault and I only have liability insurance on my vehicle. My insurance company just said they would wait and see what his insurance does.

My response:

Regardless of their reasons for not paying you, and for saying that the accident is "your fault", the decision of the insurance company has been made not to accept liability for their insured.

Therefore, if you want to do anything about this, you're going to have to sue the other party for your personal injuries, and for your vehicle damages (you'll need proof of those before you go into court; e.g. medical report and bill, and at least 3 estimates for your vehicle damages).

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">