• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vandalism/damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my brand new car was vandalized by two 15 year old girls and one 16 year old girl. (They were caught) The vehicle was spray painted.The 16 year old was charged with criminal mischief. The DA only charged the two 15 year olds with curfew violations. can I sue the parents of all 3 for damages above and beyond what it cost to get the car fixed, and if so, how much. I live in the state of Texas.

P

prairielaw3

atrial attorney as the laws on the liability of parents for acts of their children will vary with each state; at least some states limit the liability of parents for the acts of their children, so please check with an attorney in your area.

------------------
George H. Senteney
http://www.prairielaw.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">