• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vandalized Car at auto repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TQ

In Missouri, My car glass was brken along with 12 other cars. The repair shop says they are not responsible. The lot is not secured and no signs posted and no release was signed. I carry only liablity it is an older car. Should they not have some insurence for this??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TQ said:
In Missouri, My car glass was brken along with 12 other cars. The repair shop says they are not responsible. The lot is not secured and no signs posted and no release was signed. I carry only liablity it is an older car. Should they not have some insurence for this??
My response:

Regardless of insurance, if you never signed a "Hold Harmless" clause in the Work Order, and everything else above is true, then they owe you for the damage.

So, if all is true, and they still won't pay you for a replacement and labor, then you'll have to get your own estimates (at least 2), and sue the shop in Small Claims court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">