• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

veh. hit while parked in front of home NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leann721

pleasse help me, my 95 toyota tacoma which i had bought new and took great care of was hit while parked in front of my moms home at 4am. the man was drunk but the cops didnt test him and i didnt ask them to which im sorry for now. i felt bad for him, anyway... he totalled my truck and said his insurance would cover everything not to worry. well they did cover the rental i had no out of pocket exp. however they want to give me 7k for the truck and there is no way i can buy another truck of compar. value for that price, i checkd the blue book value of my truck and its 10,880 the ins comp (travelers) told me they do not go by the blue book that ny is not goverened by that. i askd how they came up w/that price and they wouldnt answer me they told me to call the adjuster and talk to him, i have called him 4 times and he wont call back. what do i have to do? oh and they sent out the check w/out my approval and sent it to the wrong address and they are telling me i have to return the rental on tue i know this wont b settled by then so what do i do???? help me please thanks i thought of going to the man who hit me and tell him to do something but im sure he will tell me to go to h... even though he was too amazed that my husband didnt want to kill him its over now i guess i shouldve made the cops test him for drinking and drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">