• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle accident and Injury ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KristyC

State: Nevada My husband was rear ended by a tractor trailer. His car was damaged, he injured his back. We don't have Medical payments on our insurance because being in the military we have complete medical coverage. The driver of the tractor trailer was ticketed, he said he never saw him stopped at the light, and he proceeded to go through a red light, he hit his car 4 times before stopping. My husband doesn't lose money for time he has to be off because he is in the military. He has an appt. for an MRI because his back isn't geting better. He can't weight lift or exercise something he has enjoyed doing for a long time. Standing causes pain. He has been off work for 3 weeks now. My worry is within 8 month he is getting out of the military and what happens if he isn't better. Most jobs require a certain amount of standing, or sitting. Both of which are causing problems. I don't want to sue if he does get better but I want to know under a no-fault state if he doesn't get better can we be successful and what do we need to do. Would not having medical payments on our car insurance make any difference?
Thank You

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your medical payments/lack of on your insurance doesn't matter because the accident was not your husband's fault (regardless of what type of state it is).

Read this because it may apply to you:
http://www.csef.org/csefhome/ia72-csef-insurance.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">