• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle accident/ injury/ need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dentedgirl

Hi, I am in need of a few opinions. I was involved in an auto accident in june of this year. An older lady was making a left hand turn, and I had the right of way, she plowed out in front of me. I ended up with a badly broken ankle that has a metal plate and 7 screws in it. I went to 2 months of therapy and I am working at at desk job currently. I have an attorny. He told me just a few weeks ago that I should settle for: 75,000 (the high amount, this is what he is starting at) to 50,000 (the minimum amount he feels I should take. I was very unhappy with these number amounts, and when I asked him what this is based on, he more or less put it like this. He said that it is based on the amount of coverage that she took out with her insurance, and that that more or less will determin my settlement amount. I thought that it was based on my injuries?? This attorney also thinks that going to court will more or less be a waste of time. I however think that I should get more money as I will have to deal with this injury and metal in my ankle for the rest of my life. I also feel that he may be trying to rush this, so he can hurry and get his money, and being that i am only 22, he can pressure me. Please help me and give me some advice.
Should I get another attorney?? Or is he telling me the truth?? What are my injuries really worth??
ALL REPLIES WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!
thank you
ramona in missouri

LegalBeagle

dentedgirl said:
Hi, I am in need of a few opinions. I was involved in an auto accident in june of this year. An older lady was making a left hand turn, and I had the right of way, she plowed out in front of me. I ended up with a badly broken ankle that has a metal plate and 7 screws in it. I went to 2 months of therapy and I am working at at desk job currently. I have an attorny. He told me just a few weeks ago that I should settle for: 75,000 (the high amount, this is what he is starting at) to 50,000 (the minimum amount he feels I should take. I was very unhappy with these number amounts, and when I asked him what this is based on, he more or less put it like this. He said that it is based on the amount of coverage that she took out with her insurance, and that that more or less will determin my settlement amount. I thought that it was based on my injuries?? This attorney also thinks that going to court will more or less be a waste of time. I however think that I should get more money as I will have to deal with this injury and metal in my ankle for the rest of my life. I also feel that he may be trying to rush this, so he can hurry and get his money, and being that i am only 22, he can pressure me. Please help me and give me some advice.
Should I get another attorney?? Or is he telling me the truth?? What are my injuries really worth??
ALL REPLIES WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!
thank you
ramona in missouri
You can not get blood out of a stone.. if the woman only had coverage upto 75k then there is little point trying to get more...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">